Dr. Akshay B Metgud
Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Cancer Surgeon, Metgud Hospital
Asst Prof, Dept of Surgery, USM-KLE International Medical Program.
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 9964782399.
- MBBS , MS (General Surgery)
- Fellow in Minimal Access Surgery (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences)
Dr Akshay B Metgud is a General, Laparoscopic and Cancer Surgeon with specialist training in Minimal Access Surgery. After graduating from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, he did his Post-graduation from J N Medical college, Belgaum. He further did his Senior Residency in the Dept of Surgical Oncosurgery at Max Hospital, Saket, New Delhi and Father Muller’s Medical College, Mangalore, in the Dept of Surgery(Onco Unit). After Having exposure and training in advanced open surgeries, his interests in minimal access surgery made him to pursue the Maharashtra University Health Sciences’ Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery under the world renowned Laparoscopic Oncosurgeon Dr. Sailesh Puntambekar, at Galaxy Care Laparoscopy Institute , Pune.
Specialized in the following :
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, Fundoplication
- Laparoscopic TAPP/TEP(Inguinal Hernia), IPOM hernia repair
- Thyroidectomy( Endoscopic and Open)/ Neck Dissection
- Laparoscopic/ Open Gastrointestinal Surgeries
- Laparoscopic/ Open Colorectal Surgeries
- Breast Surgeries( Benign and Malignant)
- Laparoscopic/ Open Hysterectomy and Radical Hysterectomy
- Upper GI Diagnostic Endoscopy
- Chemotherapy Port Insertion